Best Skincare Lotions for the Perfect Tan

22 July 2015


Summertime means one thing to me, time to tan! I'm not talking about fake and baking or self tanners. I mean soaking up the golden rays of sun the natural way. But sometimes, a girl needs a little bit of help to achieve the perfect shade of bronze to become a golden goddess. It's important to choose a tanning lotion or sunblock suitable for your skin tone. I don't really burn and if I do, it tans over in a day or two, so I like a tan enhancer with a low SPF level. But it's important that the product has some SPF in it to protect my skin from the damages of the sun. So what are my go-to summer skincare products for achieving and maintaining the perfect tan?


Tanning Lotions


Tanning Oil


Ocean Potion Tanning Spray Gel is a staple in my beach bag every summer. My skin type doesn't burn too often, but I do like to protect it from the sun's rays. This product not only contains a tanning accelerator, but it has an SPF of 15 which I love; tanning my skin while protecting it. I'll let you in on a little secret of mine. I actually use a little of this on my legs sometimes before going out to moisturize and hydrate my skin with the Aloe Vera, Tea Tree and Vitamins A, C and E in its contents. Plus it leaves my legs looking sleek and sexy.


Tanning Lotion
Maui Babe Suntan Lotion is one of the best kept skincare secrets...well, I guess not anymore since I'm telling you about it! There are 3 different products in this line: Suntan Lotion, Darkening Lotion and After Tan Lotion (I have all 3 of course). I tan pretty well with just the suntan lotion to protect my skin from getting dried out. But when I'm looking to get DARK, I combine it with the After Browning Lotion. Don't let the color fool you. The darkening lotion is brown, but it doesn't streak or stain your skin. It's all natural and will honestly get you DARK...FAST!


Tanning Oil
A bit pricier when it comes to skincare products, but you definitely get what you pay for. This is exactly what its name entails..an orange gelee. I like the Bain de Soleil Orange Gelee consistency because unlike other lotions, if you leave it in your beach bag on a hot day and go to reapply it, it's not half melted and dripping all over the place. If you have fair skin, I do not recommend this product unless you're trying to get burned. For maximum results, I suggest developing a base tan first to prevent burning before switching to this product. It's not oily, streak-free and will help achieve a deep bronze glow without having to lay out all day.


Tanning Lotion



Love the sun but not the damage it can do to your skin? Aveeno Natural Protection Sunblock is a great dermatologist recommended product to pack in your beach bag. Even if I'm trying to get some deep color, I always use this product as a base to prevent dry skin and damage from the sun. If you have sensitive skin, this sunblock is also great because it's fragrance-free, oil-free and hypoallergenic. You will have to rub this in extremely well or you'll have white streaks on your face, but it's definitely worth the time and investment for your skin.







No comments :

Post a Comment